HOLOCAUST RAIL CAR
In 2007, the Holocaust Documentation & Education Center acquired a rail car from Poland. Today, it is housed just a few blocks from the Center and is available to students and other groups for tours, by appointment.
History of our Rail Car
• Rail car shipped from Gdynia, Poland and arrived at Port Everglades on January 25, 2007
• On February 13, 2007, an official unveiling was held at the Broward County Convention Center.
Visiting the Rail Car
• Students in grades 6 and above are welcome to come with their classes. Arrangements can be made through the Center’s office.
• Tours of the rail car are available to students, organizations and individuals, by appointment. Please contact the Center for more information.
• From September 2007 until November 2011, the rail car has undergone major restoration and preservation to restore the rail car to its wartime state.
• At least two complete sets of German identification and designation numbers were revealed on the undercarriage of the rail car. These were both conclusively painted up the frame of the rail car during German Railways service, confirming its use during the Second World War.
For more information about the rail car or to schedule a tour, please complete the Rail Car Tour Request Form
or contact Rositta E. Kenigsberg at (954) 929-5690 or email email@example.com.